This specialized fume hood is built with stainless steel internal surfaces (including the work surface) and a wash-down system of water spray nozzles dispersed throughout the hood. When heated, perchloric acid vaporizes and condenses on hood, duct and fan components. In addition to being highly corrosive, condensed vapors can react with hood gaskets, greases and other collected materials to form explosive perchloric salts and esters. Therefore stainless steel surfaces enhance cleanability and a water wash-down removes any explosive compounds that might have formed on the internal surfaces.
- UL classified
- Smooth coved corners
- Built in wash down system
- Excellent aesthetics
- 5 degree sloped front
- Superior containment at 0.3m/s
- High energy savings
- Tri-wall construction for maximum robustness.
- Internal chamber constructed of grade 304 stainless steel with coved corners. Option to upgrade to grade 316 stainless steel is available.
- Chain and Sprocket Sash support system used.
- Hood lighting is pre-wired. Lighting is electronically ballasted, energy efficient, instant start. Typical light intensity on work surface is > 1076 lux in zero ambient conditions
- Shaping vanes to increase airflow “sweep” at the critical area at the sidewall to improve containment, especially when someone walks fast in front of the hood
- Sash stop limits sash movement beyond 457mm (18″), ‘encouraging’ user to work at safe positions
- When sash is raised above 457mm (18”), it will automatically and gently fall back to the safe level (Esco’s creep-down mechanism) unless held in place. This allows the sash to be raised temporarily to the full open position for set up of equipment and apparatus in hood, while enforcing regular operation of the hood with lowered sash
- Sash creep down can only be disabled with a key, which permits the laboratory manager or safety officer to restrict operation at sash openings above 457mm (18”)
- Sash key lock to allow laboratory manager to restrict access to fume hood.
- The sash can also be locked down in the fully closed position with the key , in the event of a fume hood fault, facility shutdown, or, simply to restrict access to equipment set up in the hood.
- Wash down system behind baffles to wash away any perchlorate salts deposits on the baffles to prevent any build up of the salts which are explosive in nature.
- Water pump system installed to ensure water pressure is constant for wash down system.
- Stainless steel interior chamber allows easy cleaning of surface
- Removable baffle system allows cleaning inside the hood
- Chain and sprocket system requires minimal service
- The Frontier Perchloric Fume Hood is warranted for 1 year excluding consumable parts and accessories. Contact your local sales representative for specific warranty details.
- Each Frontier Perchloric fume hood is Ashrae tested to make sure it complies with the Ashrae 110:1995 Standards.
- Wash down system is tested to ensure over 95% of area behind baffle is washed
- Sash is clearly labeled with all operating instructions and illustrations.