Good performance at an attractive price
The polarimeter P3000 is the economical solution for standard applications for which a measurement accuracy of ±0.01° is sufficient. It performs its tasks in the record measurement time of approx. 1 s that you are familiar with from our digital polarimeters. The measured values are optionally displayed as an optical angle of rotation or on the international sugar scale of the ICUMSA. If desired, they can be printed on a serial ASCII printer. Thanks to the reliable temperature compensation, it is possible to measure at any temperature specified in the ICUMSA; the results will then be converted to the value for 20 °C.
- Very easy to operate 3,5” touchscreen
- Easy, menu-driven adjustment
- Measured values are optionally displayed as an optical angle of rotation or on the international sugar scale
- Reliable temperature compensation
- Suitable tubes for any type of sample
- Measurement up to an optical density of 3.0
- Very short measurement time of approx. 1 s
- Compliance with pharmacopoeias (USP, BP, JP, Ph. Eur.), GLP, ASTM, ICUMSA, NIST
The P3000 Economy polarimeters can be used for a variety of applications in the pharmaceutical, chemical and sugar industries as well as in hospitals and pharmacies.
- Determination of the sugar concentration in raw materials, preliminary, intermediate and end products
- Monitoring of chemical processes, e.g. during the manufacture of invert sugar
- Purity control
- Incoming/outgoing goods inspection
- Control of pharmaceutical products according to pharmacopoeias
A comprehensive overview of typical applications with the polarimeters of the P8000 series can be found in the campus article on polarimeter applications.
Conformity with national and international standards
A big advantage of normalized measurements is the comparability of the measurement results. In many international standards and guidelines, polarimeters are recommended for specific measurement tasks as suitable measuring instruments. The requirements for the measuring devices, such as measuring accuracy and measuring temperature, are dependent on the respective measuring task and defined in each standard. We have compiled for you an overview of all known standards and guidelines, which refer to polarimetry.
- Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- European Honey Commission (EHC)
- International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA)
- European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
- United States Pharmacopoeia (USP)
The polarimeter model P3000 Economy is used in the laboratory and research for the measurement of a wide variety of samples, eg. drugs, raw and auxiliary materials. We have bundled our expertise in an overview of the samples that can be measured with our instruments.
A comprehensive overview of typical applications with the Polarimeter with Peltier Temperature Control P8000 series can be found in the campus article on polarimeter applications.
|SCALES||Optical rotation [°] Int. sugar scale [°Z]|
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT||With temperature probe PRT-E or PRT-T|
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT RANGE||0–99.9 °C|
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT RESOLUTION||0.1 °C|
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT ACCURACY||±0.2 °C|
|TEMPERATURE CONTROL||Can be retrofitted
(requires water bath thermostat PT31 or PT80, sample chamber bushing P8020 and temperature-controlled measurement tube PRG-100-ET)
|MEASUREMENT PERIOD ±90°||Approx. 1 s|
|LIGHT SOURCE||1 LED with filter|
Looking for a Digital Refractometer with Peltier Temperature Control?
Get in contact with us, we will assist you in choosing a suitable polarimeter.