Sales Processes – Quote to Order
1.Receiving an Enquiry
– Determine if we can supply product. If we can then move on to next step. If we cannot then
advise customer accordingly.
– Email enquiries that we are not able to quote: Send a personal email reply that we do not
offer the requested product for customers that you have frequent contact with. For other
customer you may forward the request to the area admin with “regret no offer” in the body
of the reply. They have a template for a “Regret no offer” email
2.Matching the enquiry to a product
– Do you have enough information to do the quote? If Yes, Proceed to next step
– Google brand, model numbers for the reference equipment that the customer is enquiring
on (only if provided). Do you have enough info now? If yes, Proceed to next step.
– Send QTA questions to customer. Are you dealing with an end user? Can you deal direct
with the end user to forward your questions to the end user?
3.Site Inspection Sheet
NB: The sales representatives need to conduct site inspection and complete the
document, prior to quoting on large equipment. They need to send this sheet
along with the order for Shante to process.
– Before we quote we need to ensure that the customers laboratory (or access to the
laboratory) is suitable for the equipment we are offering
– If there are any potential delivery challenges consider offering an alternative size.
– Make sure the power supply is suitable. If the equipment requires 3-phase power please
alert the customer (keep email record)
– Make sure that the required services are available or will be arrange by customer. Example:
plumbing, drainage etc.
4.What to do if customer required Urgent Delivery
– Check stock with Shante. If there is stock in South Africa ask Shante for an estimated
delivery period. Allow or delays. Please communicate to area admin.
– If there is no Stock in South Africa ask Shante to check stock with manufacturer.
– If there is stock with manufacturer ask Shante to get an express air freight quote (if the item
is a suitable size for air freight or does not have a battery). Please allow for 1-2 days for a
– Once Shante provides you with an ETA (ensure that we allow for delays) please
communicate to customer on email (add delivery surcharge for express delivery)
NB: Even for urgent delivery, a site inspection sheet and delivery instruction sheet needs to be
completed, to ensure smooth delivery.
5.Pricing and Brochures
– Copy the product from the pricelist with necessary columns and paste into the body of the
– Make sure the formatting is correct
– Include any additional information if required (Example: If customer requires a specific foot
print, Special Discounts etc)
– Include optional accessories if required
– Include any miscellaneous items if required (example: Tubing, access ports, voltage
– Include Delivery Surcharge if applicable
– Include installation cost if applicable
– Attach the correct brochure.
– Include customers details in body of the email
– Include any special instruction for delivery estimation
– Send email to area admin to quote customer
6.First Follow Up
– Call customer and verify that quote is received and if it is what the customer was looking
for about 2 hours after customer has received the quote.
– Enquiry about when you can call back to discuss quote in detail
– Requote or resend if required
7.Subsequent Follow Ups
– Call customer and follow up according to the quote register grades. Enter the response in
the quote register
– If the customer does not answer the phone after several attempts then use the email
template to follow up. Enter response in quote register once received
8.What to do when you receive the Order
– attach official order, quote, and site inspection sheet in an email
– Include any additional instruction in the body of the email
– Include all customers for delivery feedback in body of email
– Send to Shante to process
Shante can not process order unless a site inspection sheet is completed.
Quotes need to be elaborate. Eg. If the rep wants to supply tubing at no charge with a
vacuum pump, then this item needs to be included as a line item in the quote with no